SUMMER EFFICIENCY TIPS
With a few simple changes, you can lower your electric bill and help your local cooperative provide power at the lowest possible rate.
Here are a few energy saving tips to help you cut costs and stay cool this summer.
- Set air conditioner temp above 72º
- Use ceiling fans when you’re in the room.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Installing a smart thermostat is even better
- Clean vents
- Seal cracks and openings
- Clean or replace filters
- Consider LED lighting
- Close window blinds during the day
- Open windows on cool nights
- Set water heater temp to 120º
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Run dishwasher and dryer at night
- Unplug electronics when not in use
- Keep lamps or TV sets away from thermostat
- Planting shade trees
- Avoid using your oven
- Grill outside or use the microwave