Power Line Safety
Accidentally contacting a power line can be dangerous and even deadly.
Keep A Safe Distance
Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment Northern Electric uses to get electricity to your home.
Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers, and electrical boxes.
- Do not climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes, drones, or balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call Northern Electric Cooperative at 1-800-529-0310.
- Stay 10 feet from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects such as antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line.
- Do not touch anything that may be touching a downed line, such as a car.
- Keep children and pets away.