COVID-19 Response Plan
Read the steps that Northern Electric Cooperative is taking to protect employees and the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Northern Electric Cooperative offices in Bath and Redfield are currently closed to walk-in traffic due to the concerns surrounding COVID-19. The offices will be closed to protect the health of our employees and members as this novel coronavirus continues to spread across South Dakota and the country.
Northern Electric Cooperative provides essential electrical service to thousands of residents throughout northeastern South Dakota and the safety and health of our members and employees is our top priority. The preventative measure of closing the offices to the public is a proactive step to keep our employees healthy so they can respond to any outage or emergency our members at the end of the line may encounter. Our focus during this time of uncertainty is to maintain a safe and stable supply of power to the homes, farms, and businesses in our region.
Members who wish to drop off payments or talk with co-op employees about their electric service are encouraged to:
- Call the office at 1-800-529-0310.
- Use the drive-through window at the Bath office.
- Use the payment drop boxes located at the Bath and Redfield offices and at Ken’s SuperFair Foods in Aberdeen.
- Visit www.northernelectric.coop/paybill for a listing of the different methods to make online payments or manage your account.
Northern Electric Cooperative is also taking these additional steps to protect public health and ensure employees and crews are available.
- Employees and line crews have been divided and segregated into different groups so the virus will not impact the entire workforce if an employee tests positive.
- The co-op is limiting face-to-face to meetings and travel outside of the service territory.
- Member services representatives in the field have been instructed only to enter homes if it is absolutely necessary.
- The co-op is also asking members to avoid shaking hands with crews in the field and practice proper social distancing to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Please, visit covid.sd.gov for the latest information on COVID-19.